On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 2:40:06 PM UTC-4, Noor Christensen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 11:22:29AM -0700, Patrick Bouldin wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 2:12:39 PM UTC-4, Patrick Bouldin wrote:
> > > Hi, I added routine software like libre office draw or writer in the
> > > TemplateVM. I am then able to run it in the corresponding appVM -
> > > however, I attempt to "add shortcuts" either on the template or the
> > > appVM they don't show as available. I think I can do it manually but
> > > would like to fix this bug, it wasn't a problem before. I have done
> > > a dom0 update by the way.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Patrick
> >
> > update: I tried to mannually add with the command qvm-sync-appmenus ,
> > and that command is not valid. Is this the problem? How to recover?
>
> What do you mean with "not valid"? It needs a VM name as its only
> argument, which should be clear from the help output.
>
> Try the following in dom0:
>
> $ qvm-sync-appmenus <vm-name>
>
> Replace <vm-name> with the name of your TemplateVM.
>
> It will show any errors encountered during the process, which might give
> you a clue of what's wrong.
>
> -- noor
>
> |_|O|_|
> |_|_|O|  Noor Christensen

Thanks noor. I tried that but it said I had to do that in the template VM,
weird. Tried it there and command wasn't available.

Anyway I decided to update the overall template VM and all of a sudden the
shortcuts showed up as available - weird again!

So I guess it's solved, sort of :)

Thanks,
Patrick