On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 10:38:00AM +0200, Noor Christensen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 11:53:46AM -0700, Patrick Bouldin wrote:

> > > What do you mean with "not valid"? It needs a VM name as its only
> > > argument, which should be clear from the help output.
> > >
> > > Try the following in dom0:
> > >
> > > $ qvm-sync-appmenus <vm-name>
> > >
> > > Replace <vm-name> with the name of your TemplateVM.
> > >
> > > It will show any errors encountered during the process, which might give
> > > you a clue of what's wrong.
> > >
> > > -- noor
> > >
> > > |_|O|_|
> > > |_|_|O|  Noor Christensen
> >
> > Thanks noor. I tried that but it said I had to do that in the template
> > VM, weird. Tried it there and command wasn't available.
> >
> > Anyway I decided to update the overall template VM and all of a sudden
> > the shortcuts showed up as available - weird again!
>
> Glad you got it to work!
>
> However, I'm just curious... What did qvm-sync-appmenus say about having
> to run in the TemplateVM? Can you please copy/paste the command you
> entered and its output?
>
> Maybe it's a bug :-)
>
> -- noor

I would think the error message has been misinterpreted.
If you run qvm-sync-appmenus against a TemplateBasedVM, the error says:
"ERROR: To sync for Template based VM, do it on template instead"

I suppose this COULD be interpreted  as "Run the command IN a template"
as opposed to "Run the command AGAINST a template"
That would be why Patrick found the command not available.

unman