On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 7:50 PM, cooloutac <raahe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Qubes doesn't support secure boot unfortunately.  I think its batshit crazy
> to consider a pc even reasonably secure without it.

Secure boot in reality is quite far from the boot chain panacea its
name may suggest.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading Joanna's "Intel x86
considered harmful" paper [1] and checking out Trammell Hudson's Heads
project [2].

FWIW, the systems I currently believe have the most secure boot chains
do not involve UEFI at all.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

[1]: https://blog.invisiblethings.org/papers/2015/x86_harmful.pdf