That seems to be a great question!  I have no idea what the answer is.  :-)

I can only say that I experienced the same problem symptoms that several
people before me did - that Windows setup hung at the initial boot screen
with glowing logo.  Following the same steps that helped many others also
helped me (changing to Cirrus driver).  All the details to the how are
summarised nicely here:  https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2488.
I don't recall any mention of the why, though.
I guess I can also say that my system is a standard Intel Skylake Core M7
utilising the on-processor Intel HD graphics, and that my BIOS is a
combination of Coreboot and Tianocore, purely UEFI.  Just some fundamental
driver incompatibility maybe.

Incidentally, in case it might help anybody that comes after me and reads
this thread...

I upgraded from the previous build of QWT to the latest (3.2.2-3) since the
previous version didn't work particularly better for me.
Since then I was able to run Windows apps at least twice in seamless mode,
no debug!  It's pretty random, though.  It fails to display a window at all
most times, and the VM has to be killed.  I will try to find time to look
deeper, maybe increase the loglevel of some of the components and see more
of what's happening when it fails vs. when it succeeds.  Not sure on when I
can find the time for that, but I'll try to remember to report back if I
find anything that allows me to get it working consistently all the time.
For now I've accepted running it always in debug mode for the stability.