On Saturday, 19 August 2017 03:14:40 UTC+10, Daniel Nelson  wrote:
> That seems to be a great question!  I have no idea what the answer is.  :-)
> I can only say that I experienced the same problem symptoms that several
> people before me did - that Windows setup hung at the initial boot screen
> with glowing logo.  Following the same steps that helped many others also
> helped me (changing to Cirrus driver).  All the details to the how are
> summarised nicely here:  https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2488.
>  I don't recall any mention of the why, though.

(I have never personally had this issue on ANY of the machines that I have used
that has required this as a fix.)

I have had it lock once before because of other issues, which i just had to
restart the pc to unlock the loops to get it working again.

> I guess I can also say that my system is a standard Intel Skylake Core M7
> utilising the on-processor Intel HD graphics, and that my BIOS is a
> combination of Coreboot and Tianocore, purely UEFI.  Just some fundamental
> driver incompatibility maybe.

Perhaps.

> Incidentally, in case it might help anybody that comes after me and reads
> this thread...
>

> I upgraded from the previous build of QWT to the latest (3.2.2-3) since the
> previous version didn't work particularly better for me.
> Since then I was able to run Windows apps at least twice in seamless mode, no
> debug!  It's pretty random, though.  It fails to display a window at all most
> times, and the VM has to be killed.  I will try to find time to look deeper,
> maybe increase the loglevel of some of the components and see more of what's
> happening when it fails vs. when it succeeds.  Not sure on when I can find
> the time for that, but I'll try to remember to report back if I find anything
> that allows me to get it working consistently all the time.  For now I've
> accepted running it always in debug mode for the stability.

I am currently running the latest version. And I am having no issues on my
laptop at this resolution.
1366x768
I also have my PC running at 1080p

My Dual Monitor Desktop is one monitor at 1920x1080 and the other at 1600x900
And that works fine.

But anything larger than that I have to run the system BEFORE i activate those
screens and have the UI be notified of the size change to then do the resize
after it's all working correctly and active.