On Thursday, 24 August 2017 21:05:41 UTC+1, deadbrain  wrote:
> Thanks Hugo for your detailed answer....
>

> > I don't understand this, when you connect a new display, configure it on
> > the Display menu on Dom0 and push the VM you want to present over there,
> > it's not much different than a normal Linux installation.
>
> I did not try the install yet..... The tricky point is on such hardware
> Lenovo does not wire both cards with outputs (HDMI)

Oh, in that case, you should check the HCL (https://www.qubes-os.org/hcl/) and
look laptops with similar specs, maybe they have already faced that problem.

> >> - do you have partitioning layout advices ?
> > The setup already gives you a layout, you can tweak the sizes should you
> > want that.
> perfect....
> >> - I have read some docs on the website and watched videos but I did not
> >> find much information about creating VM template (you provide Fedora 23
> >> and Debian  8) but I would need fresher software  so at least Debian 9 aka
> >> Stretch or may be Debian testing/unstable... Is it simple a matter of
> >> changing debian.list file in the template ?
> > You can install any distro on a template. But if you want to save some
> > time, you can clone the Debian 8 template and upgrade it to Debian 9 :) (I
> > remember seeing a tutorial for that in the Kali documentation)
>
> Ok I will do that....Sounds to be the most obvious way
> >> - Do you have special configuration files/ advices about power consumption
> >> ?
> > Also interested in this question, my Thinkpad doesn't last a long time with
> > Qubes, even with only one VM running (may be the battery though). Until
> > now, I was only able to tweak with the normal power settings - when to turn
> > off the screen, brightness, etc.
> Did you apply powertop advices on your DOM0?

I have not, it appears not a lot of people have either, anyway, it doesn't
appear to be that beneficial
(https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/-xXKdAkIjxU/GJDbRTQ6CgAJ)