Den mandag den 4. september 2017 kl. 12.15.29 UTC skrev Mark Eubanks:
> I have created a NETVM and I have connect the usb nic to the vm and is
> working. It shows up in Connection manager and I can give it a static IP . So
> I've also connected a different physical laptop with a cross over cable to
> the usb nic going to the NETVM. Both nics are on the same network and I can
> ping from the NETVM to the physical but I don't get a reply from the NETVM. I
> can see both in both arp tables . Any ideas why the physical doesn't get a
> reply?

Sounds like its a firewall that blocks incoming connections which wasn't
established first by an outgoing connection? Are there any firewalls between?
It doesn't sound like you put a firewall between them, but on the other hand,
the ping behaviour does on the contrary sound a lot like a firewall.

Also if moving a lot of files is your goal, perhaps you might want try
www.Syncthing.net (free, open source). You will have to allow it through the
firewall though, or alternatively do it on a separate connection like you're
doing now.
Optionally if syncthing is running where internet is accessible, you can
disable the global discovery in syncthing.