Den mandag den 4. september 2017 kl. 13.11.49 UTC skrev Mark Eubanks:
> On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 8:15:29 AM UTC-4, Mark Eubanks wrote:
> > I have created a NETVM and I have connect the usb nic to the vm and is
> > working. It shows up in Connection manager and I can give it a static IP .
> > So I've also connected a different physical laptop with a cross over cable
> > to the usb nic going to the NETVM. Both nics are on the same network and I
> > can ping from the NETVM to the physical but I don't get a reply from the
> > NETVM. I can see both in both arp tables . Any ideas why the physical
> > doesn't get a reply?
>
> I agree it sounds like a firewall but I see that it shows allow imcp traffic.
> What I'm trying to do is make Qubes a passthrough firewall.. so I need 2 nics
> on the laptop

Apologies for late reply, had a short leave for work.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on this topic, especially the Qubes firewalls.
However I believe NetVM must have a default firewall too, to block unauthorized
requests, otherwise it would be quite simple and too easy to attack the NetVM.
So it seems to me that the NetVM has a default firewall, (routor firewall
behavior like), blocking unauthorized incoming signals.

To solve that (Assuming it is indeed the problem), I believe
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/firewall/ might be quite helpful, down in the port
forwarding section. Here it seems you should be able to poke a hole for your
connection in the NetVM.

You separated all this from your other networks right? As far as I know, it
should be secure enough if this has no internet connection, while on a separate
Qubes network.