Den onsdag den 6. september 2017 kl. 00.14.28 UTC skrev Mark Eubanks:
> On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 7:55:44 PM UTC-4, cez...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I have 16 gig of ram but if I do a free -m it only shows a total of 1058
> > > used 364 free 26 . I'm not doing anything on any of the VM's its pretty
> > > much a new install and I can't open the personal vm .Anyone have any ideas
> >
> > ah, you did this in Dom0 terminal right?
> > The reason is because Qubes attempts to automatically balance which AppVM
> > gets more RAM than the other. If you right click on each AppVM in the Qubes
> > Manager (Qubes 3.2), you can see the automatic memory setting under the
> > Advanced tab, near the RAM amount fields.
> > So since each AppVM gets their fair share of the RAM portion, Dom0 will
> > have less memory for itself. This might change dynamically, for example if
> > you run a lot of AppVM's, the amount of RAM Dom0 has may shrink. Wnile not
> > many AppVM's are running, or after a fresh boot, Dom0 should have more
> > memory.
> > If you open the Qubes Manager in Qubes 3.2, you can see the allocated
> > memory to Dom0 and each the VM's. If it isnt visible, then you can make it
> > visible at the top in the "View" menu.
> >
> > Also note that automatic memory dyanamics does not work if a VM has a PCI
> > card passed through. So if you have any with automatic memory dynamics
> > disabled, be careful you don't give it too much of your RAM resources. 16GB
> > is a good amount, but it can still quickly run you if you have the wrong
> > settings, or run unusual memory hungry and intensive programs.
>
> Yes, this was in Dom0 term
>
> I tried lowering the mem usage per vm and it seem to take care of the problem
> but I rebooted and it was again not allowing any other vm's to start other
> Dom0 mem shows 1092 mb sys-net shows 401 mb, sys-firewall 151 mb ( I lowered
> it) sys-whonix, 151 mb ( which I lowered it as well) which comes no where
> close to 16 MEG
> What's a good number to run the vm's at for mem min and max ? I'm just not
> sure whats taking up all the mem.

hmm odd, you shouldn't have memory issues with 16GB memory, unless you run
something big, or way too many VM's.

Try run
'XL list'
in Dom0 terminal.

Grab a calculator, add up the "Mem" sizes of all the running VM's, see if it
adds up to 16GB.

If it adds up, then you should be able to detect where your RAM is used in the
'xl list' as well.

Be careful with loweing the sys-firewall and sys-net memory though. Frankly I
dont know if anything can happen, but I can't imagine it is a good thing if
they run out of memory. It's probably better to keep them at the default
values, just to be safe.