Hi
I've not tried 4.0 yet, but I have been running 3.2 for a few weeks on my main
production laptop, a thinkpad t440p. And qubes has been working better than I
expected, but its a big learning curve going from windows to qubes, with only
basic linux skills.

I'm going to try 4.0 on a separate ssd, once I obtain one. But at the moment
I'm still playing around with 3.2.

During installation I selected luks encryption, which works fine. But my ssd is
encrypted using the bios, so perhaps not using luks would give me better
battery life, and cpu performance?

I did have trouble shutting qubes down. And, I found the best practice was to
shutdown all vms and system vms, first. That way I'm guaranteed a quick and
easy shutdown, without any issues.

The power manager on the taskbar occasionally crashes when being used, and I
have to go to 'system tools' and restart it.

I upgraded debian-8 to debian-9, and deleted the dedian-8 template from qubes
manager but 'template: debian-8' still remains in the dom0 app menu. I've tried
various cli commands to remove it but nothing works.

I'm confused how to install unsigned packages, and what the best practice is.

Should I install the package inside a new and clean templatevm, then create an
appvm from that template? Or create a standalonevm from a clean template and
install package inside the appvm?

Also, the qubes instructions says fedora minimal uses 300mb disk space, but
mine is currently using 1500mb. Which seems like a lot.

I've probably got more questions and issues. But so far Qubes is a great!