On 10/30/2017 12:53 AM, Ray Joseph wrote:
> How do I enter my password?  In Debian9, I installed wpa_supplicant to
> include a key in network/interfaces.  Should this same method be used for
> sys-net?
>
> Where would I find this type of information.  Searching the Qubes-OS doc, I
> only found one reference to wireless and that was how to unload and load the
> wirel drivers.
>
> BTW, I had cloned sys-net vm to experiment.  But it would not start.  Andrew
> pointed to developer docs where it was stated that a vm that would use a
> device already in use will not start.
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22C%3A+doc%22
>
> Just for the record, since I will probably forget that.
>
> Thanks,
> Ray

Hi,

Did you check if your wireless card is attached to your sys-net? Try
running "sudo lspci" on sys-net and look something like:

00:01.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 61)

If you don't see it try to attach it using the Qubes VM Manager (on
version 3.2).

If the device is right, check your dmesg log (running "sudo dmesg") on
sys-net and check if you are missing some proprietary firmware or it
complains about another problem.