On 10/30/17 16:29, Roy Bernat wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 October 2017 13:26:51 UTC-4, [799]  wrote:
Hello,

As at least one other Qubes user has the same problem, that VMs won't start,
I'll add this as special topic.

I've made a clean install of Qubes 4-rc2 but ~70% of the time I can't boot the
VMs.
This includes sys-net, sys-firewall, but also others.

I tried to check the logs but I don't get any valuable information.
See screenshot.

I started the following command in dom0:

watch -n 1 xl list

When I try to launch a VM I can see that the VMs appears in the xl list output,
but the State is ------ and the Time(s) is 0.0.
After ~30sec the start is aborted with error message: Cannot execute
qrexec-daemon.

Questions:
1) is anyone running Qubes 4.0-rc2 on a Lenovo X230?
2) is someone additionaly running Coreboot?
3) I am running the Qubes Installation with the default settings, any options
to tweak on the Grub command line

[799]

Gesendet von ProtonMail mobile
no one has any idea ?  i tried to look for some logs with no solution .

what i have found that it happen mpre if i update the dom0 before i am updating
the templates .

maybe ....

Roy

Over the past couple days, this has usually worked:

1. Close any appVMs that appear to be using lots of RAM and are not giving it back.

2. Start an isolated (network setting is "none") appVM... it should start up. Leave it running...

3. Start the VMs you intend to use; they should also start now.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket