I just installed RC2 for the first time, ticking the 'enable Tor' box
corresponding to the Whonix template. After booting and connecting to WiFi I
was surprised to note that the Whonix Gateway started with the 'connecting to
Tor' dialog when I started the Fedora-25 template to update it. So it seems
everything was being routed through Tor even though I was not using Whonix.

I tried changing the networking options in the sys-net and firewall VMs but
that simply dropped the connection. I then tried to reset again and got an
error message saying the VM settings could not be changed.

Can someone tell me the default settings for the sys-net and firewall VMs? I
only want Whonix to route through Tor. Hopefully I wont have to reinstall it
again. Thanks.