Desobediente:
> I think the most straightforward way to achieve this would be to leave the
> arm terminal open
>
> KDE/XCFE Menu > sys-whonix > Arm - Tor Controller
>
> Then press 'n' for a new identity whenever desired.
>
> This will make a new tor circuit for every AppVM connected to sys-whonix.
>
> For the AppVM level, you may do as suggested - use the "new identity"
> feature on a Tor Browser inside the same AppVM as thunderbird is running.
> It could be anon-whonix, a clone of anon-whonix or any other AppVM using
> whonix-ws as template.
>
> You could clone whonix-ws and install needed software in the cloned
> template as well.

Not sure what you mean by "AppVM level" but "New Identity" marks ALL circuits
dirty regardless of where it's invoked. So using "New Identity" in
anon-whonix-6 is the same as using it in sys-whonix for purposes of generating
new circuits for Thunderbird. TorButton (in Tor Browser) performs a few
additional tasks as described in link below compared to arm, but as it relates
to circuits, they both send SIGNAL NEWNYM.

https://stem.torproject.org/faq.html#how-do-i-request-a-new-identity-from-tor
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#new-identity