I love the Qubes project! I've been thinking of ways to improve the security
when it comes to USB Keyboards.

I'm sure a lot of us who use Qubes as our day-to-day OS have a nice keyboard
attached to the system. Upon plugging in the USB keyboard for the first time, I
rightfully got a security warning about the implications of passing USB
Keyboard input into dom0 (think USB Rubber Ducky attack among others). OK, I'm
on board so far. What surprises me is that I didn't just authorize THIS
keyboard to pass through to dom0, I have authorized *ANY* USB keyboard to
access dom0. I verified this with other keyboards and even a home-made Rubber
Ducky attack using a teensy.

Curious, is there a reason why we don't restrict the authorized USB keyboard
based on USB Serial number or even VID or PID. Sure with PID/VID, a physical
attacker who knows your brand of keyboard could still pass through keystrokes,
but it would still up the bar a little for these style of attacks.

I'm on Version 3.2 so forgive me if this has been addressed in 4.0.

Secondly, I don't want to be the guy begging for improvements, I would like to
contribute. Can anyone point me to a good place to start if I want to add this
feature? I'm thinking here maybe?
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-app-linux-usb-proxy