On Tuesday, 12 December 2017 16:24:16 CET cooloutac wrote:
> well I'm no expert but with ps/2 keyboard it will be the only thing
> attached,  unlike usb which can have multiple devices on same controller,
> spoofed as other devices.  Is there a better option?

The attack modes are two very different ones.

 Taiidan is thinking about someone coming in, installing a snooping device
and waiting for you to type something critical.

In contrary your ps2 solution is one which protects against people at any
time entering your OS through compromised (usb) hardware.

Either by giving you a pen, or entering the pen themselves.
It seems that if you drop usb pens in the parking lot of a mall or company,
you have a very very high chance some unsuspecting person will insert it in
their machine.

With the amount of bad USB drivers in the linux tree (not to mention in
Windows) this is a worrying attack allowing the machine to be rooted without
the attacker even being physically present.

sys-usb limits this attack.

> USB to ps/2 adapter works,  i apologize if it is a too simple and
> practical cheap solution.   If you are oldschool you probably have some
> laying around the house.

I think thats a great solution for the more common attack.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io