On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 08:14:44 CET taii...@gmx.com wrote:
> On 12/04/2017 06:34 PM, r...@tuta.io wrote:
> > Just read it. Thats fucking stupid.
>
> Sure is, I am tired of the linux greybeard obsession with the CLI - it
> is not always the best choice.
>
> When it comes to management of many virtual machines a GUI is a must to
> speed tasks and avoid 3AM critical mistakes.

The creation of GUIs doesn’t have to be done by the Qubes team, in my
opinion.

I would even argue that the skills required to make fine UX apps are
significantly different and we’ll likely get better interaction from people
that are further away from the core development.

I took a look at this myself and got disengaged when I realized that the
core team does all of its APIs in python. Which means that the only way to
ask the qubes-daemon something is to either write in python, or emulate the
way that python talks to it.

This does not make it impossible just significantly harder to write good GUIs
for Qubes.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io