On 12/11/2017 04:12 AM, 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users wrote:
Lots of things changed in Qubes4, and I think I am finding out things lots of
others will need to find out at one point too.
So for them, as well as for my own memory, I'll write some howto emails.

The task;

as I run Qubes on a machine with a relatively small SSD and large spinning
disk, I want to make my homedir (/home/user) be completely stored on the
spinning disk.

I think the intended way to do this is still to use qubes storage pools as before, but its changed in R4.0. You would create a new lvm thin pool (perhaps inside a new volume group) then use qvm-pool to add it to Qubes. Then you can specify it when using qvm-create etc.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket