On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 1:47:06 AM UTC, [799] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As you might have heard a new version of Crossover for Linux has been
> released.
>
> With Crossover it is possible to run Windows Apps on top of Linux.
> Crossover is based on Wine but has enhancement which are implemented by
> Codeweavers.
>
> Warning: while it is based on wine, crossovers comes with a price which is on
> per-year base., Which is ok for me, as having office running under Qubes
> would offer a great productivity improvement.
>
> Has someone tried to run latest version of Crossover in Qubes.
>
> I'd like to use Crossover to run Office in a Fedora based AppVM.
>
> [799]

I once was a hardcore lock-in'ed on MS-Office products too, but at one point, I
decided to write a major paper entirely on LibreOffice. I learned a great deal
in the process. Putting it short, you can get past your MS-product addiction,
if you push through it.

However, it's true some aspects of the MS-products still prevail, for example
the difference between Calc and Excel, is a massive headache, considering how
much each of them can do, and do in such a different way.

But if you don't use Excel, then I don't see much reason to stick with
MS-products, or perhaps, you got some reason I overlooked?

I once fancied the aesthetics of MS-Office (and I still do), but after growing
used to LibreOffice, I don't care much anymore. The aesthetics are still nice
and all, but it's just not as important as it was before.

Perhaps you can use some of these thoughts, or perhaps you got valid reasons,
whichever is the case, I hope you find your sweet-spot.