On Saturday, 16 December 2017 03:25:46 CET Yuraeitha wrote:
> Initially, this is all the reasons I can think of for wanting V-GPU.
> - Extending a single Qubes machine around the house or company, using
> multiple of screens, keyboards/mouses or other thinkable means.

This sounds inherently unsafe.
Not sure what your usecase is, but there has to be a better way than
allowing a multitude of foreign, not-directly-connected hardware from
accessing various very security sensitive channels.

> - Cryptocoin miners who wish to utilize a single machine
> for all round purposes.

To build a proper crypto-mining rig based on GPUs, you would not run an OS
on the machine. It literally drains money out of your system to use it on
the same hardware as you main desktop.
If you install 8 GPUs on a mainboard, you have to realize that the mainboard
ends up costing a fraction of the total.
Reusing it for non-mining purposes (while mining) just doesn't make any
sense. Both from an economics as well as a security point of view.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io