I have encountered such issue and I have found a semi-solution. I usually don't
use mouse (just mousekeys and touchpad), but for games, I do.

There is an exiting input proxy mechanism. It was originally intended for
sys-usb->dom0, but other combinations can work, too.

As far as I remember, it does not work with the standard X11 instance in AppVM.
Instead, I had to run a VNC loopback session. This also required the service
file in target VM to set DISPLAY environment variable.

If someone is interested, I can look for details. Maybe I have something
already posted here.