On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 12:02 PM Wael M. Nasreddine <
wael.nasredd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 5:19 PM taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/28/2017 05:43 PM, Wael M. Nasreddine wrote:
>>
>> > Thx for the tip, yea might not worth the $70 to buy used, I'll keep an
>> eye
>> > out for RAM/CPU on eBay. BTW on the manual of the board, it says that I
>> can
>> > go with <4 or >4 RAM sticks but from what you said so far, it sounded
>> like
>> > I need to fill all the slots, is that necessary? I'm intending to get
>> 8Gb a
>> > stick to fill 64Gb. I don't think I need more than that.
>> You need two sticks per CPU for dual channel, four per CPU for quad
>> channel (very slight performance improvement)
>>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
>> The life of board components is much shorter than

>> live now in the US.
>> Oh neat.
>> It is so sad whats happening in that area, so many people and so much
>> cultural heritage sites gone just because of a difference in
>> ideology....my I can't believe some people still think the black outfit
>> scumbag unit just showed up out of a mirage in the desert like magic.
>>
> Yes, it's aweful, it got me depressed for many years, history just keep
> repeating itself :(

>> machine,

>> complaint.
>> >>
>> > Thx for the tip, I'll opt for OpenBMC in that case.
>> If you want this make sure your vendor is selling your the KGPE-D16 with
>> the ASMB module so you don't have to buy it later, it should say it in
>> the SKU title.
>>

> I couldn't find one with the module, is the module really needed?
>
> Also, what do you think about this CPU fan
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Noctua-NH-U12DO-A3/332385518775? It'll end up
> $87 ea, on Newegg it's $129 each. I'm going with this CPU
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/332501959819,

I found two 6386
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-AMD-Opteron-6386-OS6386YETGGHK-16-Core-2-8GHz-Socket-G34-CPU-TQ1488/122885384670
also is near me, I'll contact the seller to see if I can pick it up.

the person selling is near me. I couldn't find a 6380SE for less than $150.