On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 12:32:32 PM UTC+1, Krišjānis Gross wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 January 2018 20:56:10 UTC, donoban  wrote:
> > On 01/18/2018 11:15 AM, Krišjānis Gross wrote:> I did navigate to /tmp
> > and looked at some logs. Unfortunately I do not know what to look for
> > there. Took some screen shots (attached). Does that ring any bells?
> >
> > I think the problem is:
> >
> > (EE) VESA(0): V_BIOS address 0xaa7a0 out of range
> >
> > I've searched a little but I didn't find anything useful. I hope someone
> > could help you on this.
> >

> > > A side question- how can I copy the logs in /tmp to a flash drive or
> > > something in order to post those here?
> > >
> > > Which Linux distribution should I try to run in order to do a reasonable
> > > comparison?
> > >

> > Ideally same as dom0, fedora-24?? I would try to guess what kernel
> > version starts to work fine with it and compare with built-in the qubes iso.
>
> Thank You for the suggestion! Will check that out.
> I tried to install Debian 9 on this hardware and all went fine. Only thing
> that I noticed when installation was finished was that there was a
> notification that system is running a " software emulated graphics" and
> therefore CPU usage might be considerably higher. Not sure whether that is
> relevant though.

Most likely due to lacking hardware support (in the kernel) for the CL graphics
chip (even though it's little more than a rebrand of KL's). Try installing a
more recent (ideally 4.14-based) kernel. Iow, it's sort of related, because the
issues you ran into while installing qubes were most likely also related to
that.