On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 4:51 AM, Alex Dubois <bowa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 January 2018 06:21:36 UTC, Jean-Philippe Ouellet  wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 3:55 AM,  <wordswithn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I've been working on a solution for this, but unfortunately there are too
>> > many factors that I'm not familiar with.
>> >
>> > My goal is to to able to:
>> >
>> > 1) Take a screenshot using the dom0 hotkey
>> > 2) In the "Screenshot" dialogue, select a script from the "Open with:"
>> > option
>> > 3) A text entry box that prompts me for the destination VM
>> > 4) The screenshot is sent to the indicated VM
>> >
>> > I think this can be accomplished with
>> >
>> > .desktop application file
>> > zenity
>> > qvm-move-to-vm/qvm-copy-to-vm/qvm-open-in-vm
>> >
>> > but I'm lost in the details.
>> >
>> > Current problems
>> >
>> > - I can't get dom0 to include my .desktop application files as "Open
>> > with:" options in the "Screenshot" dialogue
>> > - I'm not sure what format the screenshot is in initially... will the
>> > .desktop application receive a bunch of bits? Or the path to a temporary
>> > file?
>> > - I can figure out how to pipe the screenshot if it's a file, but I don't
>> > know how to handle a "bunch of bits" scenario
>> >
>> > Has anyone done this already? I'm aware of qvm-screenshot-tool.sh, which
>> > looks great, but the code is too complicated for me to review and I just
>> > need basic functionality anyway.
>> > https://github.com/evadogstar/qvm-screenshot-tool/blob/master/qvm-screenshot-tool.sh
>>
>> This problem has already been solved, but upstreaming it was stalled
>> for some policy reasons. See here:
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/953
>>
>> My implementation can be found here:
>> https://github.com/jpouellet/qubes-screenshot-helper
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jean-Philippe
>
> Ah great. I like this implementation. Reviewing the code it does not seem to
> introduce any risk and provide all the functionality required.
>
> Could you explain briefly the steps to install (after the git pull).
>
> May I also ask you for some help/pointer on a yubikey package I've done. I
> just need to do the packaging and it may save me some time if you were to
> give me few pointers...
>
> Project is here... the doc state that it is packages, but it is not (yet)...
> https://github.com/adubois/qubes-app-linux-yubikey
>
> Please reply in that thread if you want:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/BkdTuXZZnwE

Set up qubes-builder [1], clone the repo into qubes-src subdir of
qubes-builder repo, then add:
    COMPONENTS += your-component-name
to builder.conf, and `make your-component-name` from top level
qubes-builder dir.

Documentation on how to package your own things such that they plug
into the Qubes builder framework (via Makefile.builder) can be found
under doc/ in a checked out qubes-builder.

If you have further specific questions, feel free to ask on qubes-devel.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

[1]: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-builder/