On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 11:15:51 PM UTC+1, [799] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am migrating most of my work tasks to Qubes but found out, that I can't use
> the screenshot tool in the Fedora based AppVM.
>
> When I launch the screenshot tool, I can launch a screenshot, which covers
> another window are part of the screen with a window from the same AppVM, but
> the screenshot only result in a black copy, the content is not shown.
>
> I am using a  Fedora 26 AppVM based on the default Fedora template which
> comes with Qubes 4rc4.
> I have updated the template to the latest version.
>
> Can someone verify if this is a really a bug or what I need to do to get
> screenshots working.
> Most of my work involved creating screenshots for troubleshooting and
> documentation.
>
> Regards
>
> [799]
>
> --
> Qubes 4rc4 > Lenovo X230 + Lenovo W540

So you want my brain involved to troubleshoot your screenshot problem to get
your brain back to work creating screenshots for troubleshooting?
Because you are the first one since release of qubes 4.0 rc4 (first handy
information), you should provide some more information than telling us the
standard template everyone else using qubes 4.0 rc4 also have.
In example what video device does lspci list?
What processor are you using?
Any modifications in grub config files?
Ask yourself some questions what may be of interest.
Have you started your template one more time to (maybe) finish some system
tasks?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?