Thank you very much, @awokd, I appreciate the links and the help! My machine is
totally new. Nothing has been installed on it, whatsoever. I'm just trying to
get the Qubes on there and to go from there. I'll indeed follow your advice.

I wanted to go with a Lenova from 2008 or prior, a freedom fighting association
out of the UK puts them together and sells them and claims that they are pretty
much the freest thing you can get. But with how slow they likely are I thought
I'd rather get something a little more modern. The new TPM chips are pretty
cool too, will see where that goes. How do you like yours? Did you do it all
yourself or get it as is? Was it hard to get to its current state where you
feel like you are literally in complete control of everything? Pretty sure
Purism is the same but I could be wrong about something. I'm just getting into
all this really.

Thanks again for your insight :)