On Mon, February 26, 2018 11:06 pm, awokd wrote:
> On Mon, February 26, 2018 11:01 pm, patelma...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> After following the links, I see that yes I had already visited those,
>> however they do lead to other important links to be sure, so thank you.
>> The ones you sent me explain how to install through the terminal, I
>> believe, whereas I was hoping to simply transfer the file from my stick
>> over to the computer and then simply hit install. Is the only option
>> that I use the terminal, do you know?
>>

> If you're doing it from another Linux machine, then the terminal is the
> quickest/most reliable way to do it. You can't just copy the install file
> over like you were doing.

Be careful to get the destination right, though. You want to make sure it
is writing to your USB drive, not the internal hard drive!

One way to check on Linux is to enter "ls /dev/sd*" without your USB drive
plugged in and see what's listed. Then, plug the USB drive in and run the
command again, and check for new entries on the list. You can repeat
multiple times to make sure which sdX entry belongs to the USB drive.