On 03/09/2018 01:19 PM, redleopar...@gmail.com wrote:
Ok.
I couldn't make it work. Here is my what I have done.

1. I created ApppVM using Fedora template, netVM is sys-firewall, checked
provides network and add network-manager and vpn-handler-openvpn service to
AppVM in Service tab.

Don't add Network Manager as a service. That is not supposed to run and its not in the instructions. You can remove it the same way you added it.

2. I already installed openvpn in fedora 26 template.
3. I cloned Qubes-vpn-support and did it what it says.
4. checked status of service using systemctl status qubes-vpn-handler.service

and it says,,,

qubes-vpn-handler.service - VPN Client for Qubes proxyVM
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/qubes-vpn-handler.service; enabled;
vendor preset: disabled)
   Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/qubes-vpn-handler.service.d
            └─00_example.conf
    Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2018-03-09
10:08:43 PST; 6s ago
   Process: 2459 ExecStopPost=/usr/lib/qubes/qubes-vpn-setup --post-stop
(code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Process: 2455 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/qubes/qubes-vpn-setup --check-firewall
(code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

what am I missing?

It says that --check-firewall has failed. I would look at 'ls -l /rw/config/qubes-firewall.d/90_tunnel-restrict' just to make sure its present.

But I think I just found the cause: Fixes to the firewall code didn't make it into the Qubes rc5 release. So that's another change for the Readme. To address this, newer packages in the testing repository are needed; I recommend cloning your template to back it up then updating it with 'sudo dnf update --enablerepo=qubes*testing' then shutdown the template.

The firewall should then run its script during VPN VM startup and the service will be able to start.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket