On 04/05/2018 04:54 PM, 799 wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On 5 April 2018 at 22:38, taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow people are actually falling for cloudflares "privacy respecting"
>> bullshit from a service that uses for example browser fingerprinting on
>> every computer that it serves and blacklists sites based on how the CEO
>> is feeling that morning. [...]
>>
> Can your provide some additonal information to cover this?
> Regarding the blacklisting you are refering to the "Daily Stormer" case?
> Discussed also here;
> https://blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-terminated-daily-stormer/
Yes - today the lunatic fringe next the normal you and me websites - ex:
now in court the rights enforcement companies are using that decision to
argue that cloudflare can and should remove websites see the ALS-Scan case.

I don't trust a company that makes choices based on the CEO's feelings
instead of boardroom policy.
> What exactly do you mean by browser fingerprinting?
You have to have javascript enabled to view a cloudflare website because
it wants to fingerprint your computer.
> Are you talking about Browser Integrity Checks?
Oh yeah its for our own good and companies never lie.
> https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170086-What-does-the-Browser-Integrity-Check-do-
>
> "[...] Cloudflare's Browser Integrity Check (BIC) is similar to Bad
> Behavior and looks for common HTTP
>  headers abused most commonly by spammers and denies access to your page.
> It will also challenge
>  visitors that do not have a user agent or a non standard user agent (also
> commonly used by abuse
>  bots, crawlers or visitors) [...]"
>
> You wrote: "They are a front for an intelligence agency"
>
> In general I'd like to that see claims - no matter which - are based on
> evidence or at least facts.
> How do you come to this conclusion?
Because they are now able to monitor most of the internet? Tell me that
isn't an absolutely perfect situation.