On 2018-04-18 04:18, Stumpy wrote:
I recently added another gfx card which seemed to go smothly enough
except it apparently didn't. When I tried to plug in monitors to the
integrated video ports AND the graphics card things started going
sideways (and I can't figure out why they would?). One example is most
times I boot no icons show up, not in the xfce menu nor context menu
nor on the qubes manager, just the text. When I tried to rotate the
monitors (via xfce) they acted funny the wallpaper displaying strangly
but the qubes manager window showing up ok (in the same monitor at the
same time). Also sometimes (some reboots) I am able to access the
"display" option to try to fiddle with getting the monitors right,
other times when try clicking display its like the display window
shows up then instantly closes (its so fast I can't actually tell if
its the display settings window or not). Lastly, so far, when I try to
start up an appvm I get the following:
Error starting VM <sys-net> PCI device 02:00.0 does not exist (domain <sys-net>)
though that happens with all the appvms and the debian templates
and for redhat and whonix I get:
qubes manager
error starting vm 'fedora-26' maximum recursion depth exceeded

I am really really stumped, need help!

PS for what its worth, the gfx card is in a pci-16 slot, the
integrated gfx ports are hdmi and dvi, the gfx card ports are DP and
DVI.

hmmm, is there any other information I should be providing to help diagnose this issue?