On 04/23/2018 09:45 AM, Drew White wrote:
[...]
>> Re- systemd: I never had a crash related to it - be it on my Qubes
>> install or on the servers I administrate. With my experience as a
>> sysadmin I can tell you that systemd is a reliable, well thought out
>> collection of programs and thanks to it I don't have to write kludges to
>> work around deficiencies in sysV anymore. It takes a bit of time to
>> learn though, which is probably why people criticize it (leaving aside
>> conspiracy theories).
>
> I've had my system freeze,and I wonder why.
> I reboot and check my logs, and it's something that caused systemd to just
> stop working. and that was a bland install, and systemd stopped. everything
> runs under sysstemd, where it used to be everything was separate. so if
> systemd stops, everything stops. that is windows methodology. (That's when i
> lost interest in systemd and it has not changed.

I see that you're upset with systemd but if I were you I'd try to debug
the cause of your problem and submit an issue/bug report so that fellow
users don't run into the same problem.

As a side note I didn't test to kill systemd (PID 1) but I sort of
expect that the whole system would go down if PID 1 "stops". It's not
different from sysV's PID 1 init.