Daniil .Travnikov:
> Could anybody help me to understand what is the difference between Whonix
> Workstation and Debian/Fedora? (I mean Templates VM in Qubes).
>
> When I want to use one of my Debian VM through TOR, I am turn on
> Whonix-Gateway.
>
> And I am asking beacuse I don't understand for what I must use
> Whonix-Workstation?

Hi,

It's possible to use a debian/fedora based appVM with firefox, connected
to sys-whonix, and all connections will go through tor.

But whonix recommends to use a whonix-ws based appVM with tor browser
instead to reduce fingerprintability. Most tor users are using tor
browser, so if you're using tor with firefox and not tor browser it's
easier to fingerprint you.

I don't know if there are any other reasons why you would need to use
whonix-ws instead of debian/fedora or if there's any reason not to use
tor browser in a debian/fedora VM. But i like to use whonix-ws as a
template for any VM that's going to connect to tor, and debian for other
VMs.

--
Jackie