Hello,

following a recent discussion in the qubes-community github repository, Ivan
has written an interesting script for handling links and disposable VMs.
This has inspired me to look how to move firefox bookmarks to other AppVMs.
While disposable VMs are great, sometimes it is handy to have bookmarks
available in an AppVM.

I was able to import bookmarks into other Appvms by transfering the
places.sqlite file which holds the bookmarks.

In the target AppVM which has the bookmarks:
qvm-copy-to-vm <AppVMdestination>
/home/user/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/places.sqlite

then in the destination VM you only need to move the file from QubesIncoming to
the profile path.
While this works, I like to add some error checking and I would also like to
kill a running firefox in the destination AppVM.

I was able to kill firefox running:

   kill `ps -A | grep firefox | gawk '{ print $1 }'`

no I tried to run further command based on the fact if firefox is running or
not.
I thereof tried to do something like this:

if [`ps -A | grep firefox | gawk '{ print $1 }'` \> 0]; then
   echo "Run this when PID is > 0 and thereof Firefox is running"
else
   echo "Run this when firefox is not running"
fi

Unfortunately this doesn't work. Can somone point me into the right direction?
What is the right approach to run certain commands based on the fact that a
program is running or not?

Sorry for this off-topic question but playing with Qubes gives so much options
for building own scripts and I am still a beginner here.

[799]