On May 5, 2018 8:44 PM, [799] <one7tw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> following a recent discussion in the qubes-community github repository, Ivan
> has written an interesting script for handling links and disposable VMs.
>
> This has inspired me to look how to move firefox bookmarks to other AppVMs.
>
> While disposable VMs are great, sometimes it is handy to have bookmarks
> available in an AppVM.
>
> I was able to import bookmarks into other Appvms by transfering the
> places.sqlite file which holds the bookmarks.
>
> In the target AppVM which has the bookmarks:
>
> qvm-copy-to-vm <AppVMdestination>
> /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/places.sqlite
>
> then in the destination VM you only need to move the file from QubesIncoming
> to the profile path.
>
> While this works, I like to add some error checking and I would also like to
> kill a running firefox in the destination AppVM.

Isn't this a one-time import? I'm not sure why you need to automate this
process, Seems like the VM that stores bookmarks could get compromised
eventually if it parses SQL files constantly.

> I thereof tried to do something like this:
>
> if [`ps -A | grep firefox | gawk '{ print $1 }'` > 0]; then
>
> echo "Run this when PID is > 0 and thereof Firefox is running"
>
> else
>
> echo "Run this when firefox is not running"
>
> fi

I'm not sure why firefox PID would ever be 0?
If firefox isn't running, it won't show in ps. So:
  if ps -A | grep -q firefox; then .... else ... fi

assuming any process whose name contains "firefox" is actually firefox.