On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4:28:56 AM UTC-4, niepo...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 3:17:05 PM UTC-4, Qubes Guy wrote:
> > On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 1:17:24 PM UTC, niepo...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Fresh install of Qubes R4.0 and there is no internet connection in appVM
> > > - firefox just not load websites.
> > >
> > > Internet connection actually is ok as I'm able to make update for
> > > template VM.
> > >
> > > What can be reason of this not working internet in app VM and how resolve
> > > this?
> >
> > Is this still a problem?  Did you give your AppVM access to the net VM (set
> > "Networking" to sys-firewall (preferably) or sys-net in the settings dialog
> > for the AppVM)?
>
> Yes, problem still exist.
>
> There was sys-firewall connected to appVM as well sys-net and no connection.
> I have also tried changing template from fedora to debian -internet not
> working.
> I have also install chromium browser and connection not working.
>
> Very frustrating situation...

Set the "Networking" setting in your AppVM settings dialog to point to
sys-firewall, set the "Networking" setting in sys-firewall to point to sys-net,
and if your network connection is coming via an Ethernet-to-USB adapter, set
the "Networking" setting in sys-net to point to sys-usb. (A sidenote regarding
the latter: If you don't already have a separate VM to handle USB services, you
really should create it, even if you're not using an Ethernet-to-USB adapter.
Note that only one VM should be responsible for providing network services
(which would either be sys-net or sys-usb, depending on the card/adapter you're
using to provide Internet. If you *do* have an Ethernet-to-USB adapter, you'll
want to set the "Provides network services" checkbox when you go to create the
sys-usb VM.) You also need to add "qubes-updates-proxy" (without quotes) to the
list of services in the sys-net settings dialog. After you do all this, you
should be able to use "sudo apt-get update" in a terminal in your template VM
to install or update packages (which AppVMs inherit, of course). One thing I've
discovered is that you often need to restart VMs to get them to recognize
changes you've made, so if you don't get what you expect, restart the VM in
question. Let me know what happens...