On Sun, May 27, 2018 2:13 pm, donoban wrote:

> On 05/27/18 16:04, donoban wrote:
>> On 05/27/18 15:31, 799 wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>
>>> as I have only 16GB of RAM available I'd like to keep an eye on
>>> RAM consumption. I am wondering why my sys-firewall always need >
>>> 3 GB of RAM. What is running there that needs so much memory?
>>
>>> My sys-firewall is based on a fedora-minimal package which has
>>> some additional packages installed to work as a firewall AppVM.
>>> memory consumption according to qvm-ls is 3.083 MB after a fresh
>>> restart only having sys-net and sys-usb running.
>>
>>> my sys-usb is showing 284 MB RAM, my sys-net 384 MB
>>

>> 364M here, could you check how much of this RAM is being really
>> used?
>>
>> Also check top and look what process are consuming too much
>> memory.
>>

> Also if you want to save more ram with sys-firewal, consider trying:
> https://github.com/talex5/qubes-mirage-firewall

Sys-firewall defaults to 500/4000 initial/max memory with memory balancing
enabled, so it should surrender memory it's not actually using to other
VMs as needed. You could drop max to 500 as well but leave balancing
enabled. That worked for me on 3.2. I've been relying on balancing in 4.0
except during a couple RCs when it wasn't working.