On 27 May 2018 at 16:13, donoban <dono...@riseup.net> wrote:

> [...]
> Also if you want to save more ram with sys-firewal, consider trying:
> https://github.com/talex5/qubes-mirage-firewall

I haven't heard of the "unikernel firewall", thanks.

More explanation found here:
http://roscidus.com/blog/blog/2016/01/01/a-unikernel-firewall-for-qubesos/

The only thing I am struggling with is to install something so crucial like
a firewall which is not coming from the Qubes Team.
For me as a normal user it is hard to decide if qubes-mirage-firewall is
reasonable secure compared to the default sys-firewall.
As far as I understand it is run a docker image (in dom0?).

is there any official feedback regarding the qubes-mirage-firewall and what
do the "Qubes Pro's" think about it.
If it is better, then why hasn't it be integrated in the Qubes Image?

I will rebuild my sys-firewall from a fedora-26-minimal template and try to
see if I can reduce memory.

Question:
How can I check how much memory really is consumed?

[user@dom0 ~]$ xl list
[...]
sys-firewall shows 1.638 MB

[user@sys-firewall ~]$ free -h
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:           1.4G        133M        882M        2.9M        454M
1.1G
Swap:          1.0G          0B        1.0G

Does this mean that only 133 MB is currently used by sys-firewall?

Maybe I made the mistake trusting the numbers in dom0: xl list?
[799]