On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:15:50 AM UTC-4, John Maher wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 6:15:43 AM UTC-4, awokd wrote:

> > > Still struggling with this. I don't understand how Fedora can work fine
> > > and the Debian-9 template is unusable. I'm open to suggestions.
> >
> > I don't get it either, especially with a fresh install. Did you test
> > before running any updates? If you enable debug mode, any hints in the
> > console or related VM log files?
>
> awokd, I did test before running updates. The template definitely starts out
> appearing (or having?) no applications.
>
> I don't know how to enable debug mode, and I don't see anything in the
> official documentation. I'm also not familiar with the console, unless you're
> referring to a dom0 terminal. Any guidance would be wonderful. Thanks.
>
> John

I decided to see if I could install the debian-8 template with different
results from the debian-9 template. Sure enough, by default terminal if
displayed as an available app under debian-8, and within debian-8 Qubes
Settings there are plenty of expected apps in the Applications tab. I'll now
try to upgrade debian-8 to debian-9 (using a different name) and see what I get.

awokd, I really appreciate you (and anyone else who has ideas on this) giving
this some attention. I really want to work with debian-9, and understand what
the hell is going on.