On 10/12/2018 01:44 AM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
newpa...@gmail.com wrote on 10/12/18 5:37 AM:
Hello,

After completing install (for my first time), I was able to login.

Going to the menu, "Create Qubes VM," getting the dialog box titled "[Dom0] Create new qube," the Template select drop-down control only has "default(none)," even if I select type Standalone rather than AppVM. Also, I don't see anything anywhere like work, personal and untrusted, neither sys-net or sys-usb. /var/lib/qubes/vm-templates has a debian and fedora folder, but it seems like these are not available when trying to create qubes via CLI via qvm-create. journalctl all show an AssertionError.
Any ideas?

Did you receive any errors on the first post-install boot? There's a step there that is supposed to configure all those templates. Is it possible you skipped it? Otherwise, often a misbehaving network device causes sys-net creation to break, which then causes the rest to fail to get created. In that case, try disabling your wifi card temporarily, then reinstalling. You can re-enable it afterwards and add it back to your sys-net in Qube Settings/Devices.

Try 'sudo dnf list qubes-template*' to see a list of installed templates. If there are none, try mounting the installation media, locate a qubes-template*rpm file and install the rpm file directly. This should be a lot less time-consuming than re-installing Qubes.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket