On 20181113 at 06:44 +0200 Ivan Mitev wrote:
> I've also added a note about QWT 4 breaking *new* HVMs (I thought the
> breakage was only when updating from QWT3 to QWT4). It seems it's a
> hit-or-miss process, IIRC some users managed to have QWT4 running.

The real problem with these tools is not being able to install and
deinstall them in steps. Somewhere along the way I lost libvirt and
there is no easy way to just put it where it belongs. Using the
installer to "repair" the system breaks it because it is messing with
the drivers. If you uninstall completely you break the system with the
reinstallation. All in all it worked better NOT to use the Qubes tools
but the XEN installers and add the Qubes video driver later.

> > What value, if anything, should go under Gateway in the VM? The ip address
> > shown by Qubes as belonging to the network-providing VM itself, ie Sys-Net
> > or Sys-Firewall, namely 10.137.0.6 ? Or something else?
>
> The ip output by `qvm-prefs vmname visible_gateway` ; if you don't have
> a fancy vpn/firewall setup, it's likely 10.137.0.6.

This is another joke I'm not understanding. Ok, no DHCP for the
unwashed masses. But if I have qubes-rpc working, why not inject the
necessary settings using this mechanism?

Achim