On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 7:54:01 PM UTC+2, Greg wrote:

> On my Macbook Pro I can successfully use the Broadcom BCM43602 wifi adapter
> with a Fedora sys-net by using a short script to start sys-net manually after
> boot (i.e. I disable sys-net auto start and then run the following script
> manually after each boot to start sys-net):
>
> #!/bin/bash
> qvm-start sys-net &
> sleep 3
> sudo xl pci-attach sys-net '03:00.0,permissive=1'
>

> ---
> Basically what works (on my system), and what the script does is to attach
> the Broadcom adapter to sys-net as soon as possible after starting sys-net
> (but before the sys-net VM has fully booted), a 3 second delay works
> reasonably reliably on my system.

That's interesting... I just wanted to test it on my box, but it turned out I
cannot stop sys-net anymore -- it just keeps starting all the time
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/d0ypnUsg2kw)... I need to
firstly fix that to be able to check this one out...

> I also have the thunderbolt ethernet adapter working, I think the trick there
> is that you have to attach it to the MacBook before booting Qubes, hot plug
> didn't work when last I tested it.

Yes, I confirm the Thunderbolt Ethernet only works when plugged in before
booting Qubes.
Also, it only works for me if the sys-net runs in PV mode (for HVM there are
issues with the driver).

Thanks,
Mike