Attached is screenshot, taken under my current OS, showing OS and hardware info.

After spending much too much time trying to track the problem down (using the
4.0, 4.0.1-RC1 and 4.0.1-RC2 ISOs) I discovered why getting the installer to
run was failing...

I had to unplug my external monitor (connected via an HDMI port).

I was then able to boot the install DVD and install to an external USB (SSD)
drive (Seagate 2 TB). The install completed (supposedly successfully), but
attempts to boot from the USB drive fail.

The boot process starts, with text being displayed starting in the top left
corner of the screen. It progresses to a point, then the screen goes black and
my computer starts to reboot.

I have searched the mailing list and have failed to find a solution (hours
spent doing this). A lot of people seem to end up in boot-loops, using various
hardware.

The attached file shows the hardware. The following information about the
BIOS/Firmware may be relevant:

* Legacy Boot is enabled
* Virtualization Technology is enabled

During the install I setup a user account. I did not enable disk encryption (I
will leave that until after I can get Qubes to boot).

Comment: This boot-loop problem (or similar boot-loop problems) seems to be a
major issue with installing Qubes 4.x. Each time I come across a posting about
it, there seem to be different suggestions (some of which work on the
particular hardware involved) and some of which do not.

I believe that I tried R3.1 about a year or so ago and that it booted alright.
I cannot remember why I did not follow through on adopting Qubes (if I could
not get my external monitor working, that would be a deal-breaker).

Suggestions would be appreciated. I will provide any additional information I
am capable of.