On Sun, 2019-01-06 at 23:14 +0100, haaber wrote:
> > It's running fine for me from a flatpak --user install ... has the
> > advantage that the template only needs flatpak and all signal is in
> > the
> > appVM only.
> >
> > Joh
> >
> > On Fri, 2019-01-04 at 18:57 -0600, Sven Semmler wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just installed signal-desktop (in the template) and now try to
> > > run
> > > it in the appVM. The app starts and I can see the window border,
> > > but
> > > nothing inside the window.
> > >
> > > Haven't done much diagnosis yet. Just wondering if someone here
> > > recently installed signal-desktop on a debian-9 based qube and
> > > has
> > > some hints for me.
>
> I tested & get same problem as Sven. Could you please explain the
> flatpak approach, Joh?  Besides the usage for signal-desktop this may
> be
> helpful in other cases as well!   Thank you, Bernhard

https://flatpak.org/.

You install flatpak in you template VM (using the usual tools). After
that you fire up a AppVM for Signal (for example) and on it's CLI run
'flatpak install --user flathub org.signal.Signal' & afterwards fire it
up in the same AppVM using 'flatpak run org.signal.Signal'.

Skype also is manageable this way as are others:
https://flathub.org/apps

HTH, Joh