On 1/20/19 12:06 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> On 19/01/2019 5.08 PM, John S.Recdep wrote:

>>> 1-14-19
>>>
>>> changing the clockvm to fed-28 and rerunning qvm-sync-clock did
>>> nothing BUT*  changing sys-net to debian-9  and qvm-sync-clock
>>> fixed it   sigh
>>>
>>> case anyone else gets this issue again ; prolly will fix
>>> whonixcheck complaints if any as well
>>>
>>> 'solved'
>>>

>> Must be related to this
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3983
>
>> for myself it's not the  minimal fedora-29 its the regular one ;
>> and it appears if fedora-29 is having time issues  that  that may
>> be why my thunderbird appvm based on it,  is also  timestamping the
>> messages wrong ?
>

> Try the workaround mentioned in the comments on that issue, if you
> haven't already. It's worked for me so far.

well if you mean:

in the Fedora-29 template doing

sudo chmod 700 /var/lib/private

[user@fedora-29 ~]$ sudo ls -l /var/lib/private/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec  9 15:37 systemd
[user@fedora-29 ~]$ sudo chmod 700 /var/lib/private/
[user@fedora-29 ~]$ sudo ls -l /var/lib/private/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec  9 15:37 systemd

doesn't seem to change any permissions on the systemd  directory  so
..... doesn't seem like that is going to fix anything ?  maybe I'm
missing something basic?

--
A895 0C7C A244 8E2E FD77 A3DB 180B 7D4D D158 F8B6