On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 4:16:12 PM UTC-6, kit...@tutanota.com wrote:
> Upon reading the system requirements and recommendations, I read the
> statement "A non-USB keyboard or multiple USB controllers".  Please explain
> the reasoning there.  Thank you.
>

> --
>
>  Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
>
>  https://tutanota.com

>From a newbie to Qubes: There are security issues with USB devices. Normally
>the keyboard (and mouse) will be attached to dom0 and then shared among the
>various VMs as they are part of the desktop environment. Since any USB device
>on the same USB controller can cause a problem, using a USB keyboard is not
>truly safe. If you actually have multiple USB controllers (I do not), then you
>can dedicate one USB controller to the keyboard and mouse and it is less of a
>problem.

Basically, individual devices on a single USB controller cannot be securely
isolated from each other. …At least that is my understanding.

There are also other issues. I am aware of them as I am using a desktop
computer (Intel NUC7i7BNH) and USB is the only way to attach a keyboard (and
mouse); though, in theory, I could attach a Bluetooth keyboard (as I have with
my laptop computer running straight Linux Mint).

If you are going to attempt using a USB keyboard, I recommend searching the
threads, PAYING PARTICULAR attention to the issues involving encrypting your
disk.

By the way, just to make you aware, the posting guidelines indicate one should
(must?) not include advertising in one's signature.

Cheers and good luck.