Jan 27, 2019, 5:04 PM by alexandre.belgr...@mailbox.org:

> Le dimanche 27 janvier 2019 à 16:47 +0000, unman a écrit :
>
>> I'd be interested to know what system has been graced with your
>> approval.
>> If you believe all this, then what makes you think that national
>> intelligence agencies haven't infiltrated *bsd, coreboot and any
>> other
>> system you can name.
>> imo Qubes does a reasonable job of providing a more secure system
>> that's usable by ordinary users.
>>

> Simply no x86 system is reasonably secure.
>
>> Spreading unfounded allegations is a disservice to the community.

Most of the serious users are very well aware of the IME/AMT vulnerability and
are addressing it continuously and publicly. See Joanna Rutkowska and her
talks. You are looking for a 100% solution. Big surprise is a 100% solution is
not existing and will never be.
You can of course use a libre X200 without IME and without real virtualization
too, having again to deal with issues of a monolythic system.
Tradeoff can be the X230 with more-less disabled IME with proper virtualization.

What do you yourself use?

> Qubes is interesting because it is trying to answer security needs and
> the design is nice.
>
> But think about Intel ME backdoor. Imagine that any officer with a
> signed certificate of Intel can penetrate dom0 in your computer within
> seconds and then view your screen, move your mouse and type on your
> keyboard. This is reality and Qubes cannot change it.

Qubes doesn't even claim to change it. You need to address Intel same way as
Qubes ppl do and ask them to close the backdoor.

Are you aware that spreading of the false claims *can be* an intelligence
operation to undermine user's support and appreciation of the codes like Debian
and Qubes? From leaked materials is known that the US IAs named for example
Tails based on Debian as a total apocalypse for intelligence collection for
them, if spread.

Keep in mind, nothing is perfect. But if you have an option for a better set
and setting, put it up.