Hi Qubes fellows,On reading content on 2FA, and Qubes doc on MFA, there is
something confuse me, so I'd like to understand better by posting here:One type
of OTP,a TOTP used widely like google authenticator, bases on a shared secret
key,since key can be seen in mail box, it's not quite safe, is it saved in mail
box as well?(does it also travel on internet? which makes it even worse?)a U2F
software can do it's work without this app, so it doesn't look like a good
choice.If this is the case, why so many web mail even some promising ones still
chose google-authenticator as 2FA?Although gmail itself can add yubikey as
enhence for TOTP, I don't see how that's safer.because with or without press
the yubikey button, an U2F software can generate same 6-digit-number as
password to enter here.Today most of webmails would say they use 2FA, but not
introduce in detailswhich protocol it uses. some claim it use yubikey, so is
OTP here that use key pair instead ofthe shared secret key? which is muc
 h better.I don't find many webmail use Yubikey as 2FA on OTP,if any of you
find something is rather reliable,recommend very welcome, thanks a lot.