I stopped using whonix a while ago.   I wasn't huge on tor to begin with.  I
was more in line with how Joanna originally felt about it.    The only time I
used tor was to check security certificates.  Then after the issue that
happened a year or two ago started using it as updatevm.   But whonix kept
giving me so many problems,  is so darn slow,   and was constantly feeling
sketchy to me I stopped using it after the latest issues with clock, and then
the latest version I didn't even bother troubling with.

I'm sure it has valid use cases but personally for me I have no need for it.
Most sites I go to on the computer I don't need tor or tor is not even allowed.
  And I still feel anonymity and privacy are two diff things.