On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 07:27:08PM +0000, Achim Patzner wrote:
> On 28.02.2019 15:10:21, "unman" <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:03:12AM +0100, Achim Patzner wrote:
> > >  On 20190227 at 22:30 -0800 cooloutac wrote:
> > >
> > >  Whenever I accidentally read a posting by raahelps@ I'm wondering what
> > >  crime we committed to have to bear something like this and what could
> > >  be done to avoid attracting people like that...
> > >
> > >  Do us all a favour and go troll somewhere else
> > I don't think this is helpful
>
> I guess I'm of a different opinion in that case. Sometimes someone has to
> speak up and draw a line in the sand.

All you are doing is perpetuating the problem.

> > Please consider the guidelines and be respectful and polite to others.
>
> Unlike others I strongly believe that respect has to be earned and it can be
> retracted. The user in question spent nearly all his time on this mailing
> list. And _none_ of his postings ever enriched any discussion.

I don't agree. I have my own problems with that user, but he has in the
past provided help on the list, and will do in the future.

> Keep in mind that "a wise man changes his mind, a fool never will" just
> means the fools will win in the end.
>
> > None of these accusations of trolling help build the community, or
> > advance Qubes.
>
> In that case I would like to demand a vote (of exclusion of certain users)
> as this is building a community I wouldn't want to be a part of. I can
> understand why he is not welcome on the whonix lists anymore. And I strongly
> believe it should be the same here. I guess we will need a management
> decision on that point.
>

> Achim

I don't want a list that is banning people or excluding them. It's
regrettable that Whonix does so. In my experience, that rarely works
given the ready availability of new email addresses.
If you don't like a user, just add them to your kill file.
Build the community that *you* want, by promoting the issues/discussions
that are of value. Let the others wither away.
Credit readers with the sense to decide who is worth listening to.

unman