On 3/12/19 2:23 PM, Sergio Matta wrote:
Dear Stumpy

I am not part of ReactOS team. I am just a user. It was running when I was
using Qubes 3.2.

"I just ask because it seems to me that the reactos project would be
perfect for those of us that are forced to run some win apps."
I tottaly agree with you!

"Just curious about if/how much they are prioritizing VM guest support - and how
hard/easy that would be?"
I do not know. And the problem is the same for chromeOS and android iso
installations.

If their project came to terms with the historic vulnerabilities of the Windows architecture, then it would be a natural step for them to emphasize vm guest support. Their apparent emphasis on bare metal tells me they are probably more focused on supporting high performance games.

We still have a choice between running real Windows, or WINE in Linux. The nice thing about WINE is, if you know your apps will run on it, then you have a system that is much easier to maintain than Windows itself.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket